A Review of Fish Tacos in Victoria per Jojo’s Request

I have this really good friend named Jojo and the other week she was all, “You should write a blog post about fish tacos”. I was like, “No way! Other than treats, fish tacos are my favourite food. I love them all, it would be such a boring blog post.” But then she was all, “Ugh. I don’t know if I can ever really feel complete if you don’t do this for me.”

So here we are:

The Local

Good fish tacos. Fun people watching patio, but you already knew that.

The Breakwater Cafe

Good fish tacos. Beautiful view (it’s at the breakwater, hence the name). While I was there the server mentioned it was their staff party the night before, but the service was still great, which says a lot about the quality of the staff.

Oyster

Oyster used to have Taco Tuesday and would have fish tacos for $2 each. Every time I went I couldn’t believe there wasn’t a line up out the door. They’ve changed it up now, they have one type of taco on feature for $3 and it’s usually chicken. There are still great fish tacos on the menu though, and for some reason they taste even better full price.

Penny Farthing

By far the biggest portion in town (that I’ve tried), plus you get soup, salad or fries. Also, the service here is always above and beyond.

10 Acres

Both the room and the patio here are unreal. And the fish tacos are really great.

Tacofino

I love food trucks. And the tacos are cheap and the fish is deep fried, which puts them at the top of my list.

Yates Street Tap House

This is my favourite reincarnation of this room, as it no longer feels like a wannabe Miami lounge. The beer list is awesome and the fish tacos are excellent (also deep fried).

Honourable Mention: Next Door in Port Angeles

If you’re ever there, check them out. So good. They also have an awesome beer list featuring microbreweries from all over the Pacific Northwest. If a big man with a big beard named Pete serves you, tell him Katie, Megan and Colleen sent you. There is a 93% chance he won’t know what you’re talking about and a 7% he will laugh and buy you a beer. Worth a shot!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s