A cool, fun thing happened the other day! Tonya from Healthy, Fit, and Frugal nominated me for a Liebster Award. Basically, she asks some questions on her blog, then I answer them on my blog, then I ask some more questions here and hope other bloggers answer then on their blogs. Fun right?
1. If you could play any professional sport, what would it be and why? Beach volleyball. I would love to be that strong.
2. What is your favorite form of exercise? Hiking
3. If you could win an Oscar, who would you thank? All my loved ones and anyone who helped me get that Oscar…I’m kind of obsessed with giving credit where credit is due.
4. What is your favorite sport in the Olympics (summer or winter)? Well, I’ve never been a huge Olympics person. The cost that goes into hosting them just never sat right with me. That said, in my old age I’m starting to be more accepting of the games and actually looking forward to watching them this year. The sport that I’m the most looking forward to is definitely the hockey. I am Canadian after all. 🙂
5. If you could have dinner with one athlete, who would it be and why? Hmmm, this is a good one. I’d maybe bring Jackie Robinson back from the dead and share a meal with him. I bet he has some stories.
6. What was your favorite vacation/place you’ve traveled? Austin, Texas
7. If you could only eat one food the rest of your life, what would it be? Thai Red Curry
8. Name the top five values you try to live by? Another great question. Integrity. Everything else stems from that.
9. Were you ever bullied as a kid? What was that experience like for you? I was. When I was in elementary school the cool guys in the grade below me would call me stoner because I had dark circles under my eyes (I’ve always been a bad sleeper). I had no idea what a stoner was but I didn’t like it. I like to imagine these guys peaked in high school. Though I don’t know this to be true, it gives me some satisfaction.
10. What would you do with your life if you knew you could not fail? Probably what I’m doing, just on a bigger scale.
11. What legacy do you want to leave behind after you die? I don’t know if I need to leave a grand legacy behind, but I would like to go knowing I made this world better for a least a couple of people.
While the rules of Liebster Award vary depending on who you ask, the general idea is to award it to blogs with less than 200-3000 followers. Seeing as many of the bloggers I follow are pretty much celebs, I’m just going to nominate some of the newer blogs on my must read list and a couple of real life friends whose blogs I love reading:
K. Here are my questions.
1. Beach or forest or mountains or city?
2. What was the last book you read?
3. What is your favourite recipe?
4. Give me a great date idea.
5. If you could take a month to explore one country, what would it be?
6. Tell me something good to watch on Netflix.
7.What’s your favourite piece of makeup or skin care product?
8. What’s the most expensive thing you own?
9. When you were 10 what did you want to be when you grew up?
10. Share a random act of kindness that you once did.
11. Should the international community spend more or less money on exploring the universe?