A few weeks ago, six weeks ago in fact, I shared that I had created my own fitness challenge. The idea was simple: to spend at least 30 minutes every day exercising. The goal was to bring regular exercise back into my life and fall back into the habit of making time for it after fitness fell from my priority list over the course of last year. Overall I would say it was: Meh.
- I accomplished my goal, exercise has absolutely become a more important part of my routine again
- I think that it’s a possibility that I have maybe gotten a bit stronger (?)
- I discovered YogaGlo, a website that streams yoga classes in different lengths, styles and with different intentions. I absolutely love it.
- Because I set the parameters as 30 minutes of activity and nothing else, I often found myself doing the minimum instead of actually working hard
- Sometimes it’s really hard to fit in even 30 minutes. Sometimes you have to work long days and have evening commitments, and until someone finds a fitness routine that does dishes and laundry, it just isn’t going to happen every day. In the 6 weeks, there were 6 days when I just couldn’t do it
- I don’t think I’m in better shape than I was when I started
So that’s that. It’s off, though it required so little effort from me it never felt like it was really on. I’m not sure if I would ever do this again…maybe for three weeks of recovery after a big race, but not as my regular activity. I need more challenge. You live you learn, right?
The next fitness challenge starts February 24th….